BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 20, 2006

a college weekend

After making trips to Shade's Vineyard to pick up wine for mom and Kings Wok for supper with friends, I found myself comfortably sitting at my friends' apartment watching the first season of The Office and drinking moderately. Then Derek and Al called. They were willing to pick us up, so Brit, Ace and I decided to go downtown with them for a couple of drinks. At the last bar we were doing a little dancing and all of a sudden *wham* I get unintentionally nailed in the back by Al, a 6'2", 350 pound guy. The result: I fall forward onto the concrete landing on my hands and knees. Needless to say, the next morning my left wrist hurt (including minor bruising to my hand), my right kneecap was lost in a sea of swollenness and my lower back hurt like crazy. At this point, my back still hurts and my knee is turning all sorts of fun colors.

Saturday morning I woke up @ 7:30 hungover. I laid on the couch (I was too lazy and drunk to clear my bed off the night before) until I had to get up to take a shower so I could go get my hair off. The hair on the side of my head is now 2-3 inches shorter than it used to be. I like it. Then there was pub crawl which was the most fun I've had in a long time. I drank, passed out and woke up with a hangover and went to bed again in less than 12 hours.

Sunday I woke up 2 hours before I needed to so I got up and cleaned. Then mom came to town. We went out for lunch and hung out at my apartment for a few hours. After she left, Kris, Claus, Ace and I went to Sioux Falls to go to the new Caribou that opened up. We also made a quick stop at Best Buy and had supper at Fuddruckers. Then it was back to Brookings.

On the docket for tonight is more homework and going to see Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers at Skinners. Roger Clyne is the former lead singer of The Refreshments. It should be a good show. Plus, it's at my favorite pub so they've got that going for them too.

6 mindblowing comments:

Toni said...

Sounds like a fun weekend :)

I haven't eaten at Fuddruckers in FOREVER!

dawnmarie said...

hey, in cookie news:
pancake cake mix + butterscotch chips = fanfrickingtastic.

Sarah said...

you should say hi to padres guy at the show tonight [not], he'll be the drunkest person in the bar. and give roger a kiss for me. with tongue.

theresa said...

Sarah, I made out with Roger Clyne just for you. There was tongue and everything. Wish you could have been here.

We had an AMAZING time. Ace and I decided we need to have girl trips to the bar more often. We had a blast. I'll post a recap (with pictures of course) tomorrow.

As for now, I need sleep. I have to get up and do homework in the morning before I can go to class.

Sarah said...

dude, roger makes me drool.

theresa said...

Sorry I didn't get around to posting Roger pictures yesterday. I decided I should maybe study for the test I had this morning. I promise it'll get done tonight.