BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 28, 2006

spring

Here are a few reasons why spring is my favorite season.

1. Rain. It's one of the most soothing things in the world. I sleep the best when it's raining and I can listen to it through an open window. When it's warm rain, it's fun to play in too.

2. Baseball starts

3. Everything turns green. It's beautiful.

4. I can finally golf and play softball again.

5. The truck. My family has had the truck since the day I was born. When my Dad got ahold of it some 30 years ago, it was nothing but a big heap of rusted metal. Dad spent numerous hours welding, rebuilding, and fixing it up. I've loved this truck since I was a little kid. Spring is when the ol' girl gets to come out of the shed and get her first bath of the season. It's something I look forward to every year. We only drive it during the warm months of the year. She's 67 years old so we try to be careful with her.

Somehow, this is the only picture I have on my computer. This is my papa and his baby:

Unfortunately, I'm not going to have time to get it out while I'm home this weekend. However, I'm taking it to a wedding I'm going to on the 13th of May, so I won't have to wait much longer to get it ready to go.

5 mindblowing comments:

UnionMan1864 said...

Thats really a nice truck. What's the year, make, and model?

theresa said...

1939 Chevrolet. I think it's the 1/2 ton model, but I would have to check to be sure.

dawnmarie said...

your papa is adorable, btw.

theresa said...

he sure is :)

Rachel said...

Spring's my favorite season too.

And that's a sweet pickup.