BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

suzy thinks I have the mumps

I'm still sick. I've had a sore throat since Monday of last week. I'm tired of it. Tomorrow I shall make an appointment to go to student death and get myself looked at. I'm starting to wonder if it's strep. I guess I'll find out in a couple of days. This is kind of a big deal for me. I don't go to doctors. I've never been to student death. The last time I went to the doctor was when I dislocated my knee in 2003. Even then, I waited a day before I went.

And now for something completely different.

At the beginning of February, my investments class picked 5 stocks to buy with about $11000 of my professor's own money. Since then, the value of the portfolio has gone up almost $3000. What happens to the profit? I'm glad you asked. 2/3 of it goes to the United Way. The other 1/3 goes to the class as a "management fee". This means that I'll walk out of class next Tuesday night with about $60 in cash. Our class will also be sending a check for almost $2000 to the United Way. This is pretty much the coolest thing I've ever done in a class. Not to mention we made a 25% return on investment in less than 3 months.

I wish all classes were that fun...

3 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

i hope you're feeling better soon! *hopes student death doesn't kill T*

That class sounds like lots of fun.

dawnmarie said...

don't die.

Toni said...

Get better quick!

That class is awesome!! What a great idea!