BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 15, 2006

most ridiculous day ever

There was Chipotle, there was Cold Stone, there was baseball and there were cops.

We stopped in Mankato for Chipotle. It was delicious. Then Claussen wanted to stop at Cold Stone for dessert. But honestly, who can eat any more after they've been to Chipotle? Not me. So Jess and I made him wait until we got to Eden Prairie. After ice cream we drove over to St. Paul so he could get a keg system at Northern Brewer.

Game time. It was poster schedule day at the dome. We had fantastic seats that were two rows up from the bullpen. Baker was looking fantastic during the warm up, even though Mauer had a hard time actually getting him on the mound. Apparently Scotty just likes playing catch. The game got off to a good start. The good guys had a lead by the third inning and they didn't lose it for the rest of the night.

Imagine this if you will: It's between the 4th and 5th inning. Mr. Juan Rincon heads out to play catch with Shannon Stewart. As he's heading out, the lady behind us yells something out to the effect of "Rincon, you rule" which merits a nod and a smile from Boo. Once the inning begins, the lady and I get to joking around about how she's in the club and she begins to tell me a story from when she and her family met Rincon when they went to spring training in 2005. Mid-story, her husband says "heads up, there's a ball coming our way". So I turn to see whats up and there's a baseball so I grab it. At this point I'm the lucky recipient of a foul ball! Then my phone starts ringing like crazy. It seems that when I got the ball, the camera focused in on our area and all of my friends in section 135 were on tv with me. We were all so excited that when the awesome tag at home plate happened, we almost missed it. According to one of my phone calls, Posada was safe by a mile.

The good guys beat the evil empire with a final score of 5-1.

The drive home was mostly uneventful, until we got a little south of Trimont. We're driving along and all of a sudden we see a cop pass us. I'm not worried because I'm going about 60. Paranoia got to me as always, so I check out the rearview mirror. I proceed to see this guy turn around and start catching up to me. Crap. I figure he's going to pull me over for going 5 over the limit. Jerk. But no, he proceeds to follow me for 10 miles before finally deciding to pull me over "just to see if everything is ok". It seems that I crossed the "fog line" which was the deciding factor in him following me, then he told me that my license plate light was out (?) so when he ran my plates and found out where I was from he became suspicous when I was taking backroads because it wasn't near the town I was from. Translation: he thought we were drunk and trying to avoid him.

Mr. Robinson Cano,
Thanks for this:


Mr. Cop Guy Who Pulled Us Over For No Real Reason,
You suck

3 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

Good job on the foul ball. It makes me wish I had been at the game or that I had been able to watch it on TV.

Cops can be such jerks at times.

dawnmarie said...

i'm so sad i turned the tv on AFTER you caught it. silly dresser painting.

cops are hosers.

Anonymous said...

It was totally awesome of you to come all the way up to our perch in the Cheap Seats to show us the foul ball! We were so excited for you!!!

(The cop was just doing his job, really. But things like that tend to scare a person to death.)