BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 06, 2006

untitled

I had a good weekend mostly. I had a great time in the cities. For a recap of the events, see Dawn's blog (link on right).

I talked to my sister on the way home yesterday and found out that my grandpa isn't doing very well. He has cancer and we've known about it for a few months. He has gone downhill fast. My mom and dad went down Saturday night to stay with him and Grandma. He was up about every 30 minutes through the night. I guess he is starting to see things like little girls in white dresses coming out of the walls as well.

We knew the end was coming but things like this makes me realize that it's going to be sooner rather than later. It hit me last night and it is all I've been able to think about. I'm not in any way prepared to deal with this. He's the only grandfather I've ever had. I want to be optimistic and say he'll make it through but I'd be lying to myself. I know he'll be better off and I don't want him to suffer anymore but I'm selfish and don't want him to go.

I'm going home this weekend to visit. I don't want to go but it could be the last time I see him alive.

On a lighter note, I'm working on my "100 things about me" list. Hopefully I'll have it up tonight or tomorrow.

4 mindblowing comments:

dawnmarie said...

I love you T.

Sarah said...

*hug*

you need anything, let me (or any of us) know. sadly, i think most of us have experienced this.

Rachel said...

*hug*

Anonymous said...

*hug* It's a tough time, but remember to take care of yourself. And if you need anything, that's what we're here for.