BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 11, 2006

the greatest hurt I've ever known

It's over. Grandpa went to meet the little girl in the white dress at 10:05 this morning. I got to the hospital at 9:58. I watched him take his last breath of air. It was so peaceful for him. He took a breath and the next one never came. Mom and Grandma told him that we were coming. They said he wouldn't go until we said goodbye. I didn't have the strength to say anything. I regret it already. I should have told him I love him. He had to know, right? I haven't stopped crying. Not because of regret. It hurts. It hurts a lot.

6 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

*hug*

I'm sorry about your grandpa.

Sarah said...

sorry, t. *hug*

i didn't tell my grandpa goodbye either. i was there for exactly that reason, but i couldn't spit the words out. maybe it's somewhat normal?

you need anything, you let us know. team chipotle has your back.

Anonymous said...

I am here for you. . . no matter what you thought was going on between us, it never was there. You know that, right? I really wish I would have known sooner, but maybe that's a regret that I'll have to live with. If you ever need someone to talk to, or someone to sit in silence with, I am always here for you. . .no matter what. I hope that you believe that, because it's true.

dawnmarie said...

I love you, T. We're here for you.

Brianinmpls said...

Sorry Theresa *Hugs* My thoughts are with you

Anonymous said...

*HUGS* Theresa.

I couldn't tell my Grandpa the exact words, either, but he knew; I'm pretty sure your grandpa knew, too. We wouldn't have been at the hospitals if we didn't love our grandfathers, and they knew we'd come.

I'm glad it was peaceful for you. Take care and let me know if you need anything.