BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 14, 2006

"you're not my wife, but you'll do"

So says my friend TK at the wedding Saturday night. It was hilarious.

The weekend started out kinda shady. I worked a half day Thursday so I could do some shopping in Sioux Falls before I headed home for the wedding. I was completely surprised with my luck in finding a dress and new shoes. This never happens. I was giddy. While I was in Sioux Falls I stopped by the ghetto HyVee by Say Rah's to get mom flowers. I drove home and had enough time to get the flowers put in a vase by the time my parents got home from getting Marvin from the airport. Before I go to bed that night, I decided to take the bag off of the dress in my closet only to find that the lady forgot to take the f'in ink tag off of the dress. *grumble*

So the next day I call the store in Sioux Falls because I didn't have the time to drive back to Sioux Falls, nor did I want to spend $40 on gas to get the ink tag removed from a $60 dress. The lady I dealt with over the phone was extremely nice and found a store in a mall 25 minutes away who would remove the tag *relief*

After I got home from that little trip I got into an arguement with my family about supper. It was stupid but I managed to get really upset. You'd think that after 22 years people would remember that there are some foods you don't like and you probably never will.

Saturday brought the wedding. It quite possibly was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to. The church looked great, the bride was beautiful, the reception was elegant and the dance was rockin. It was a party that combined my friends from high school and college. There was much drinking and dancing and all around a good time. The bride and groom are two people I've been friends with since childhood. I wish them the best and many happy years to come.

Congratulations Xmas and Mo!

5 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

Your family forgets that you don't like certain foods too? Here I thought I was the only one! It never fails when I go home, Mom will fix something and then throw a fit when I eat very little of it. When I tell her that I don't like that meal (or some ingredient of the meal), she says "Well why didn't you ever say anything?" I did. You just don't listen! [/rant]

Glad you had fun at the wedding though.

theresa said...

I heard that "why didn't you say anything" bit too. Then my mom explained to my dad that I had said something about it the night before.

However, then I was given the line "well if you would have stayed home today...". Yes, that would have been super...I would have to wear a dress to the wedding that looed like it was stolen. Great idea.

I'm happy to be making my own meals again.

Jessica Magelky said...

MTRR that T might not like her father's cooking, but the shrimp was good and the golden stars were delightful.

And the wedding was magnificent.

theresa said...

the golden stars were good. I liked them ;)

Sarah said...

my dad always forgets i use a teaspoon to eat soup.

not a teaspoon measuring spoon, but you know, a reagular small spoon.