BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 01, 2006

lazy summer day

I took a break from homework. I slept in. It was great. I spent most of the day in the living room just hanging out and talking with the roommates.

This afternoon, Ike and I decided it would be a good idea to make sandwiches for supper. And I wanted to make salad. So we trekked on down to the HyVee and got the stuff: vienna bread, cajun turkey, lettuce, provolone cheese, and the stuff for salad. We came home and proceeded to make one of the biggest sandwiches I've ever seen. We split the loaf of vienna bread, lined it with cheese, added the pound of cajun turkey, then added the lettuce, more cheese and topped it off with ranch dressing. It was pretty much the most delicious sandwich. Ever. And the salad I made turned out good too. Needless to say, we didn't finish the sandwich but we made a good dent in it. We didn't get to the watermelon either. So.Much.Food.

While we were out and about, we also rented movies. So as soon as Ike gets back from playing tennis, we can start watching Failure to Launch or Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Maybe we'll be brave and get after the rest of that sandwich too. When I get to my other computer, you better believe I'll add a picture of the sandwich to this post.

Have a good holiday weekend everyone!!

ETA:

9 mindblowing comments:

Jessica Magelky said...

I concur. It.was.good. But we didn't get to the rest of the sandwich or to cheaper by the Dozen 2. Maybe tomorrow?

Sarah said...

now i want a sandwich. looks good, girls.

dawnmarie said...

totally looks good. I kind of want a sandwich too.

dawnmarie said...

MTRR I had a snadwich for dinner, and a sandwich for breakfast.

thisisbeth said...

Now I want a sandwich, too!

theresa said...

I think I might go to the store and buy the stuff to make more sandwiches. Just not one that big!

Rocketstar said...

Damn, that looks delicious!

Sherry said...

Ooooohhhh Yeah...that's looking darn good! How was failure to launch? I MUST see that.

Brianinmpls said...

*Drools*