BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 07, 2006

a mojito weekend

Class is finally over. The past five weeks have been five of the busiest five weeks in my life. I'm now six credits closer to graduation and will have a much easier fall semester because of those credits.

This weekend is my last free weekend of the summer. I have a lot to get done:

  • make a dvd list for Dawn
  • go to the liquor store, buy rum (I should do this at lunch today)
  • make mojito bucket and put in freezer (also to be completed during my lunch hour)
  • beat up the UPS guy if he doesn't deliver Nip/Tuck today (he lucked out. he stopped by friday)
  • if Nip/Tuck is delivered, spend the time that I would be beating up the UPS guy watching it.
  • start going through the multitudes of crap that I have and throw lots of it away two goodwill bags and a garbage bag later, I've made a good start.
  • pack (eek! I'm moving in two weeks and haven't started!)** I started. yay for me.
  • track down boxes to pack stuff in
  • finish playlist for cd swapI have most of it figured out, it counts as a win
  • stage an intervention - interventions are more difficult than you think
  • drink multiple mojitos
  • catch up on sleep
  • watch the Twins sweep the Rangersso it wasn't a sweep, I still watched.
  • talk Ike into taking the floaties to the lake for a couple of hours (there's not enough time)
**This is going to be one heck of a process. All of my stuff is mostly getting divided up into either "I can't live without this" or "I won't need this". The "I won't need this" pile will be going to my parents house so I don't have to move it three times in the next year. This step needs to be done by next weekend since I'll be dropping by their place on the way back from my trip to the cities to pick up the truck.

I confirmed yesterday that graduation is December 9th. That's just a touch over five months away. I can't wait.

What are your big plans for the weekend? I seriously doubt they're more exciting than mine :)

13 mindblowing comments:

Anonymous said...

1

Rachel said...

i have a big box of boxes in my storage space that you can use. seriously, great boxes for moving.

dawnmarie said...

you have to save the boxes though, and you have to have them back here intime for nick to use them to move.

theresa said...

deal. I'll pack the stuff that needs to go home in the plastic totes that I have from the last time I moved. Then I'll pick up boxes from Rachel when I'm there next weekend and I can return them the weekend of August 12th when I'm in town to see rent. Will Nick need the boxes before then?

Jessica Magelky said...

*needs boxes too*

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Fry? Fry?

Sarah said...

why are you moving if you are almost done with school?

theresa said...

the lease for my apartment ends at the end of the month.

Sherry said...

Weekend plans:
Tev
Hasn't gotten done yet... oh well!

Moving sucks. What are mojitos?

dawnmarie said...

I'm not sure when Nick will need the boxes, probably before the 12th though.

Rachel said...

Sherry-
A mojito is a drink that consists of rum, lime and mint. You can buy a frozen bucket-style mix in some stores.

theresa said...

dawn - I'll make sure to get them back for whenever Nick needs them.

sherry - it's also good to note that mojitos are quite delicious. if you're interested in a mojito bucket, the world market in sioux falls sells them

Sherry said...

Ooooh, I must check that out. (Where's world market?)

theresa said...

here is the direction page:

http://www.worldmarket.com/custserv/store_details.jsp