BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 20, 2006

yay for monday!

It was a good weekend.

Friday: I went grocery shopping, watched Deal or No Deal, and then "watched" the first two Harry Potter movies. I say "watched" because I dozed in and out for most of The Chamber of Secrets.

Saturday: Slept in. Went to Happy Feet with Kris and Ace. Kris and I ordered pizza for supper and rented movies. We got Click and Heat. After Click, we went and got some wine. By the time Heat was over, we were both pretty out of it, so we decided it was time for bed. I decided a walk home was a good idea. Good grief it was cold out.

Sunday: Slept in. Went and got my car. Laid on the couch and watched The Aviator. I did some studying and work around the apartment (dishes, took out garbage, laundry). Ace and I watched the last two Harry Potter movies. Ace ran some errands and managed to pick up a puzzle as well as the first season of Smallville while she was out and about.

So there we were sitting at the table and putting together the puzzle watching Smallville when everything went black. I've never seen it so dark in all my life. It was 12:20 am (technically today). Luckily, we have quite a few candles in the apartment and as a result, several lighters laying around. So we lit the candles and sat in the living room and played War. Then we wanted to see how much of town was without power so we hopped in the car. There were stoplights out, streetlights out, everything....dark. It was a little creepy to be honest. So we got back and were sitting on the living room floor playing cards when the power decided to come back on at 1:40. Tired, I went to bed. I also decided the power going out was a good reason to sleep in a little. So I didn't get up until 8 and came into work an hour late. Good times.

3 mindblowing comments:

Sarah said...

why no power?

strangely, i got home and found my tv to be dead. well, that the surge protector thingie on the power strip had been flipped, so the power to the tv was off 'til' i re-set it. sometime between 7 pm sunday and 7 pm monday

Hageltoast said...

lol, you sound soo cheery. its wrong. ;)
nice weekend.

theresa said...

I don't know why we didn't have power. we never really found out.

I'm normally not that cheery on a monday, but it was a pretty good weekned. :)