BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 30, 2006

wow

This weekend exceeded my expectations. It was a blast. I got to see/catch up with a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time.

Friday everyone was in town by about 7. Then we went out for Chinese. After supper, we came back and started the festivities. Highlight: I learned how to blow fire. It was cool.

Saturday started at about 5:30 when I got a text message...thanks Krispy. :) So I was up and ready to roll for kegs and eggs at 7. There's nothing quite like a screwdriver at 7 in the morning to set the mood for the day. Breakfast was great. Then we went to watch Canada's 5k race. He finished 11th out of a field of what I would guess to be around 200. I saw a couple more people I hadn't seen in a long time at the race. The parade started at 9:30 and we had some really good hot chocolate with mint chocolate bailey's and peppermint schnapps to keep us warm. The parade was good, but quite lengthy. It didn't get over until about 11. Then it was back to the apartment for pizza and beer. We left for the football game at 12:30. From the game I directed Sarah to the nearest Woodchuck distribution center and talked to my brother. Post-game we headed to Perkins for some food and headed back to the apartment for some down time. One viewing of Sorority Boys and a short nap later, we were ready to go again. We played some games and then headed downtown around 11. Mass chaos was a good way to explain the atmosphere. There were so many people it was hard to get anywhere. During the long wait for drinks at the bar, I got to witness my first bar fight. Many drinks and 4 hours later, we made our way home. The bars were open until 3 am due to the time change. Highlight: Cat tail fight on the walk back from the football game.

Sunday was pretty calm. I was woken up by another text message...but this one wasn't until 9:15. So I got up and laid around the living room. We got together for lunch at Perkins and afterwards, everyone headed out. The rest of the day was spent being lazy. Highlight: Butter explosion at Perkins.

Photos will be posted later.

4 mindblowing comments:

lauren said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. I can't wait to see the pictures (yay for drunken photos!)

Sarah said...

thanks, btw. i loves me some cider.

Toni said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Sounds like a blast.

thisisbeth said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. I can't wait for pictures!