BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Prestige

Go see it. It's fantastic.

The plot was great. It was complex, but you don't get lost. In a way, that's surprising given all of the mind numbing things you see on TV and at the theater these days. There are a lot of twists and turns and when you think you've got something figured out, it changes again. It is visually and intellectually stimulating. I was still thinking about it all when I left the theater and once I got home. That hasn't happened in a long time. When the Oscars roll around, I'm pretty sure we'll see this one on the list of nominees. Several times.

Overall, the acting was great. Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Sir Michael Caine were amazing. They became the characters, which I realize is their job but this seemed to be acting on a different level. I saw Rupert Angier and Alfred Borden, not Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. And if that isn't enough, David Bowie is in the movie too!

Christopher Nolan's directing pulls you into the Victorian Era. The movie is about magic, rivalry and obsession. For me, it was like being a little kid at the circus, minus the clowns. I was entertained, mystified, shocked, confused and intrigued. Mostly it can just be described as magical.

Seriously. It's worth your $8.

3 mindblowing comments:

Anonymous said...

But I only spent $5 on it. . .

Anonymous said...

P.S. It could be described as "magical. " Bu dum ching! Hahahaha that's punny. Cuz, silly, that's what the movie is ABOUT!!! Hehehee

theresa said...

I still need to see that one too.