BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 27, 2006

hoboween savings rodeo weekend

+++ = Hoboween Savings Rodeo Weekend!

I haven't been this excited in a long time. This weekend is Hobo Days, which is my school's homecoming. For 2 days, Brookings will be the home of the biggest party in the midwest. And just for fun they decided that it would be fun to have Hobo Day and Halloween in the same weekend. Don't forget to set your clocks back on Saturday...the extra sleep will be great. There is also a rodeo in town which attracts a lot of people. Plus, Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey will be there. He's the monkey from all of the Taco Johns ads.

Hobo Days pack all of the hotels in town...there are people everywhere. All of my college friends will be back for the weekend and it's going to be a stellar time. The fun starts tonight when the car from Rochester gets here. yay! I'm sure we'll probably all drink more than we should but it'll be great.

Tomorrow starts bright and early. Skinner's is having "kegs and eggs" starting at 7. We'll be there for that. Then there's the parade at 10 am. All we have to do is walk out the door of Skinners and we'll be on the parade route. The football game is at 2, so we'll have to get back to campus by 12:30 for that otherwise we'll get super crappy seats. Then we'll probaby head to the bars for more drinking. Due to the time change, some of them are open for an extra hour.

Sunday will be spent recovering.

I'm ready to roll. My party shoes are on and work can't get over fast enough.

eta: I almost forgot! My sister called last night to tell me that we got a pair of Twins tickets that we wanted from a charity auction. They are 4 rows behind the Twins dugout and are for a game against the White Sox next season. It's going to be frickin' awesome!

4 mindblowing comments:

Sherry said...

Have a great time - both this weekend and at the game (next season?)! And if you see my roommate wandering around drunk...eh, just leave her alone, she already gave me the rent money!

lauren said...

It sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Have fun!!! (College days, how I miss thee)

Rachel said...

Have fun!

thisisbeth said...

Hope that it was as grand as imagined. Are you awake yet? ;)