BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

root beer mystery revealed

The reason the question was asked in my previous post is because Jess and I are trying to plan a graduation party. Because we're nerds, we wanted a theme. We picked root beer (we're getting a keg!).

Our plan right now is to have root beer pork sandwiches, root beer floats (instead of cake) and root beer barrels (instead of mints). In regard to the sandwiches, the root beer is in the sauce (which is spicy). Since not everyone can do spicy, the sauce will be on the side and there will also be BBQ sauce available. I'm sure we'll also have chips and salad so everything isn't root beer.

Consider this your unofficial invitation(they'll be coming in the mail sometime later - provided I have your address). The party is on December 9th, early to mid afternoon (time TBA). I understand that the majority of my loyal readers would have to drive a fair amount to get here, but if you'd like to make the trip, you're more than welcome. Without a doubt, we'll be going out that night for drinks. Of course, everyone is welcome take part in that portion of celebration as well.

If Sarah makes the venture up, I'll have some Coke on hand so she can have a Coke float. If there's any way to accomodate others with concerns about the menu, I'm sure there's something that can be done. For example, my mom doesn't like pork so I suppose I'll have to figure out something for her to eat.

Ok, enough rambling for now.

4 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I [heart] root beer kegs!

Zeke said...

Hooray for graduation! I get to help! And I get a third diploma holder! And I get to use exclamation points!

!!!

dawnmarie said...

*starts figuring finances, finals, and such*

Sarah said...

wheeeee! i am super duper definitely coming up for this. and i appreciate the coke, but for you, i'd even drink root beer. :)