BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 31, 2006

observation

As I was sitting in my social problems class, we were talking about the three day weekend coming up. The class was Sociology 150, so as you can imagine, most of the people in the class are freshmen. So when our professor asks who is leaving town for the weekend, 80-90% of the hands in the room go up. This baffles me. The majority of them just moved here 5 days ago and they're already going home.

The point of this? I decided today that when my kids go off to college, they're going to be told they can't come home for at least a month. Part of going to college is meeting new people and getting used to a new place. You can't very well adjust if you're not there.

Did you know that when it's 11:11, the hands of a clock form a 91 degree angle? Now you do.

4 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

I never understood kids who went home every weekend.

Sarah said...

maybe they hate the school they were forced to because they couldn't afford to go where they really wanted....

or maybe that was just me.

Anonymous said...

Or maybe they have a job on the weekends and it's easier to stay at home where they have the car they couldn't keep at school because there was no place to park it.

Or maybe that was just me.

thisisbeth said...

I went home too many weekends as a freshman, and I regret it. However, my sister only brought minimal stuff her first weekend at college, and came home over Labor Day weekend to get stuff she decided she wanted/needed. After that, she stayed there most of the year.