BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 17, 2006

mojito

This post has nothing to do with mojitos, but there is a Bacardi mojito commercial on right now that's kinda cool.

Today I didn't do much of anything. It was fantastic. I slept in late which was a nice change from the several nights of 4 to 5 hours of sleep I got during the week. I drove Ike to her car around 3:30 and on the way back we stopped and got giant sodas at the HyVee gas station. Then it was back to the apartment to finish watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The game was on at 6. It was rockin' awesome to see the guys win their 6th game in a row and to watch Joe Nathan get is 3rd save in 3 nights.

Not knowing what to do at that point, I decided to go for a walk. There is a lovely park across the road from where I live. For reasons unknown to me, I've never taken advantage of it in the almost 2 years I've lived in this apartment. There is a gravel walking/jogging path that I may or may not have fallen in love with. It seems like you're out in the middle of nowhere . It was nice because no one could see my feeble attempts at "running". It was mostly a walk, but I'm trying to work up my running powers. I might get up and go again in the morning before it gets too hot. If I do, I'm going to bring my camera with and take some pictures. It's too beautiful not to share with everyone out there in blogger land.

-----------------------------------------------------
Random thinking of the day:

On the way back from taking Ike to her car, I saw a mile marker that I never remember seeing before and it got me thinking.

This particular mile marker was 412. I live on the eastern side of the state. Mile markers start at 1 on the western and northern borders of the state. I have no problem with starting at the north part of the state, rivers flow from north to south, etc. It's the western edge that I wonder about. How was it decided that it should start in the west and end at the east. Yes, I realize that books are read from left to right and from the top to the bottom of the page which fits the pattern of how this mile marker thing works.

Logic makes me think that the numbers should start in the east and and increase as one goes west. After all, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Also, this country was founded in the east. The first roads made were actually trails, but they were built for pioneers traveling west. It just seems that the natural progression in this situation would be to start in the east and work west. I'm thinking too much into it, I just thought it was thought provoking.

4 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

moJIto.

Brianinmpls said...

one more post like this and i am going to propose:)

theresa said...

you wouldn't want to be stuck with me for the rest of your life, I promise ;)

Sherry said...

Heh, I would have thought it went from east to west also (and I studied civil engineering). Great, now I'm going to spend the rest of the night trying to figure out why that is...

Sherry
joeandsherry.blogspot.com