BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the good, the bad...and the shiny

On the one hand, Mom got to go home Monday.

On the other hand, while she was in the hospital last week, she was diagnosed with Tuberculosis. A culture from the tissue sample taken during surgery started growing. Luckily, it is inactive TB…meaning she can't transmit it airborne to others. The disease is treatable with meds but it does change her status on the transplant list to hold again. Once she is done taking the medication, they will re-evaluate and take her off of hold status.

This afternoon, I'm going to get tested to see if I have TB. It's really just a precautionary thing. I'm going in for a mantoux test. They'll give me a shot in the forearm today. On Friday, I have to go back in so they can "read" it. If the injection spot has any sort of a reaction, that's when there's trouble.

In happier news, I got a new toy over the weekend. My contract was up so it was time to get a new phone. I swung by the Verizon store in Rochester and walked out with this:

So far, I love it. I also got talked into the Bluetooth/car charger/case bundle...I think it was a good call. It's hard to drive a stick and talk on that bugger at the same time. I tried using my shoulder as a cradle for the phone and it is nearly impossible.

2 mindblowing comments:

Sarah said...

sorry to hear about your mom. TB?! weird.

in happier news, i love your phone. i contemplated getting that exact same one, but decided i love me a flip phone too much. i went with the moto KRZR in charcoal. me likey. i totally got it today too. coincidence, no?

theresa said...

I love flip phones too. It's funny because I was debating between the phone I got and a KRZR. I just decided to try something I wasn't used to.