BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"I'm kind of jealous of the life I'm supposedly leading."

-Zach Braff


That's google's quote of the day. I found it amusing.

It's been busy over the past month.

On December 17th, I started my job in Wayzata. All things considered, it's ok. The people I work with are great. The hours are better than my old job by a half an hour every day. The drive is even a little better...especially on the way home. I really struggle with the salary. When I was inerviewing for a new position, I was told by both potential supervisors that I was significantly underpaid. When they went to division for approval they were told that they weren't allowed to give me a raise because I was transferring with like titles and it was end of the year raise cylce season. At this point, I'm just rambling because I'm still bitter. I just need to get over it.

I took off several days around Christmas. My brother was home from Colorado so it was nice to spend some extra time with him. He came up to visit some people here in the cities. We followed each other on the way down to my parents house. On the way, the dash lights and the tail lights decided to go out on my car...in the dark. So that was a fun repair.

Christmas day started well enough. Great presents and food. Good time with the family. We sat down for dinner around 5. Before you know it, we called an ambulance to take Mom to the hospital. She was having a difficult time breathing. She had some congestion in her chest and after a couple of nights in the hospital, she was on her way home. She seems to be doing better now.

New Years Eve I went to the party I always go to with a combination of my high school and college friends. It's always a good time and a great way to bring in the new year.

Last weekend, some of the college friends and I headed up to Lutsen for the annual drink a lot and ski trip. I'm not much of a skiier due to my not so good right knee, but the night time sledding down the ski runs was fun.

Today I'm at home. I woke up with a headache that I couldn't get rid of. I did go to work for a couple of hours but it was pretty useless. I came home and took a nap. That helped some. I had some lunch and I'm back to hanging out on the couch. I think another nap might be in the works.

I have a fairly busy week this week. Tomorrow night i'm going to a private performance of the Minnesota Orchestra through work. Saturday afternoon my sister and I are going to see Avenue Q at the State Theater. Then Saturday night is the Swarm home opener. After that, I should be able to lie low for a little while. It will be good for both my energy level and my bank account.

That's all I've got for now. Hopefully it won't be so long before the next update.

4 mindblowing comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Poor T. I'm sorry you had to be at home yesterday.

Sarah said...

thought the swarm was cancelled... or is this some MSP code for a party?

theresa said...

nope, no secret code. as Wayne and Garth would say, "game on". they brought the swarm back.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if there's something in that apartment that causes bad headaches. Or maybe girls just get them more often than guys. :-)

I'm excited for Saturday! It should be good times at the X.