BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 14, 2008

I try to avoid stress - it makes me feel like I'm rubber-stamping all my organs "Urgent."

-Berri Clove

Let's face it, I'm stressed out.

Work is less than I hoped it would be by this point. At the moment, I'm trying to find out what my options are. In the near future, I'm going to be having a talk with my bosses about it all. I'm trying to my ducks in a row before that happens. I like having options.

I think this is common with a lot of people but it doesn't matter how much money I do or don't spend, I'm always running short. Hibernation is going to be my only option soon :) I actually think that a part time job is going to be a necessity. I'd love to hear any good ideas you all may have for a part time job.

The most significant source of stress right now is that tomorrow morning my mom is having surgery. January 15th is turning out to be my least favorite day of the year. Last year on Jan. 15th, Mom was placed on inactive status on the transplant list. That means she still holds her place on the list, but is not eligible for a transplant. The status change was caused by a spot that showed up on her lung. Tomorrow morning they are doing surgery to figure out what that spot is. It may be cancer, it may not. If it turns out to be cancer, they are going to make an attempt at getting rid of it. We're hoping for a good outcome so we can finally get things going again. Any happy good thoughts are much appreciated.

In happier news, I had a good weekend. Saturday was my big day out. I saw Avenue Q at the State Theater. It was fantastic...we had great seats in the 2nd row. Saturday night brought a Swarm home opener win over Toronto. The boys were rowdy which made for a good time.

Stay warm out there!

4 mindblowing comments:

Sherry said...

Working at a gas station isn't a bad gig. They usually pay better than Wal-Mart, etc. Or bartending is pretty good money. Especially if you get into a beer only bar (sometimes mixing well drinks can be a pain in the ass). Those are both jobs that have worked out well for me when I was in a crunch. Happy Thoughts to ya!

Rachel said...

Good luck with the work situation. Hopefully you and your boss can get something figured out.

:hugs:

Brianinmpls said...

Pot works wonders in this situation

Sarah said...

awwww, my little T! you are too young to be this stressed out. i am glad you are still able to get out and enjoy yourself, but i wish your job wasn't so sucky. good luck, ok?