BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Year in Review

I'm a little slow with this, I know. 2006 was a bumpy, busy, stressful year for me. I came out of it more emotional but stronger than I was before it began. Here's the month by month recap:

January: I started a new job. I was very excited about it. Unfortunately it ended up not being what I anticipated. I also started my second to last semester of college.

February: Probably the most difficult month of my year. On February 11th, my favorite old man, my grandpa, died. He was a bright spot in my life and it's been tough without him.

March: Spring break trip to the cities. I wrote a paper as well as babysat Dawn's fish when she went to Chicago for a few days. I saw the Ghostbusters car. I drove home from said spring break in a blizzard. Saw Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers in concert for the first time.

April: Pretty boring month. I bought an iPod. Nevermind! It wasn't boring. I caught a foul ball at a Twins game. That was pretty stellar!!

May: My second to last semester of college ended. My friends Chris and Melissa got married. Summer softball started.

June: 2 softball teams, 6 credits and a lot of work. That's all I did all month

July: Added an additional softball team to the mix. Celebrated the end of my summer classes by going to a Twins game or two. Went to a couple of weddings in the same weekend. Moved into a new apartment.

August: Road tripped to KC for a couple of Twins games. Bought a new camera. Hit up more Twins games. Played in an all night softball tournament. Spent a fairly decent portion of the month in Rochester with my mom. Also not a happy time in my year. My last semester of college started.

September: I looked pretty good in some pictures. That's about it.

October: Bought some movies. Tried to burn my hand off. Saw Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey. Had a great time with friends during Hobo Days.

November: Went to Roger Clyne again. Quit my job. Entered the 23rd year of my life. Had a small mental breakdown over a paper. I got a B on it.

December: My car got hit in the parking lot. I graduated. I moved to the Twin Cities. I got a lot of stuff for Christmas. Went to another wedding. Got asked to be a god parent. Attended a stellar New Year's Eve party in Rochester.

Other random 2006 things (they'd be in the list somewhere if I knew where to properly place them):
Fell head over heels in love with The Office
Somehow got sucked into Grey's Anatomy
Tires

I'm fairly confident I can handle 2007. Odds are it won't be an easy year, but I'm going to give it all I've got.

4 mindblowing comments:

dawnmarie said...

Don't forget the runaway car!

Rachel said...

Hee. I was going to comment on your car's ill-fated attempt to make a run for Mexico, but Dawn beat me to it.

There was also the anti-Frank Thomas knife!

I'm happy you're here now, even if I haven't gotten to see you yet. 2007 will be a good year. :)

thisisbeth said...

I'm positive you can handle 2007! Go, take over the world!

Sarah said...

omg! i am so jazzed to see that tires made the list!