BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 30, 2006

a rough start

School isn't supposed to get hard so fast. It is my second full week back in classes and it sucks. Here's how it breaks down:

Monday: assignment due, quiz
Tuesday: assingment due, quiz
Wednesday: assingment due
Thursday: test, quiz
Friday: quiz, assignment due

Not to mention that I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I might be going in for a while on Thursday too. I want to leave a couple of hours early on Friday so I don't arrive in the cities too late.

Weekend recap:
Friday night Jess and I went to a party at our friend Cy's house. It was actually at his parent's house out in the country. They were gone to California so we made sure to take advantage of the hot tub. There's nothing quite like sitting in 105 degree water when it's actually 25 out. We did that until 4 am. Then Jess and I were hungry so we had breakfast at Perkins. Arrival at home = 6am.

Saturday brought a trip to Sioux Falls. My friend Claussen had an unfortunate laundry accident and had to buy all new jeans. So we did that. We also made steps at Best buy (scrubs season 1, aqualung cd, the pianist), World Market (mojito bucket) and Barnes & Noble(angels and demons, pride and prejudice). After shopping we went to Brandon and ate at Tailgators. Little did we know it was $2.50 long island ice tea / karaoke night. After 5 teas for me, 4 teas and a corona for Jess and a couple beers for Kris we headed back to brookings. On our way back, our friend Chris called and told us when we got back we needed to go downtown. So we did. Arg. Arrival home = 2:30 am.

Sunday was a sleepy day. I watched a lot of Scrubs and took a nap. Then I did homework and studied. Last night a big group of us watched The Shawshank Redemption. One of my roommates made better than sex cake. A good time was had by all. Arrival at home = midnight.

[/weekend recap]

Note: Those of you who will be at Matt's on Friday will have the great opportunity of meeting a few of my non-internet friends. Claussen, Chris and Kris will all be running a 5k in St. Paul Saturday morning and want to have supper at Matt's with us. They are an interesting crew. I think you'll like them. I sure do.

Well, time to make supper and prepare for the week that is ahead of me.

7 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

That sounds like a very fun weekend.

Yay! I get to see you Friday night!

dawnmarie said...

I'm sure your friends are great, I'm really excited to see you though, true story.

Anonymous said...

You're going to be at Matt's Friday? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Don't believe her! Our friends suck!! Okay, maybe not. Wish I could go...have fun and be good!

~Eik

dawnmarie said...

well, we do know that some of them smell...

Sarah said...

nothing to do with the scent of any of your friends, but now you have me scared to start school next month.

theresa said...

Sarah, it is also important to keep in mind that I'm taking 18 credits and am in the 4th year of my program.