BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

let's do the limbo rock

I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past week or so. Thinking about family, friends, school, work, etc. I'm in this weird transition period. My life now is so different than what it will be in a year. For that matter, it's different than it was at this time last year.

Friendships are changing and I have a feeling that they will continue to evolve. I've been spending more time with people I don't normally spend a lot of time with. It's been good. I wish I would have done more socializing earlier in my college career. It seems that there are some sneaky things going on with a couple of people. I really don't like that. I have been lucky enough to meet some great people in the past year and I have a good feeling they will be a part of my life for a long time. There have been a couple of people who remain a constant and for them I am so lucky. All friendships have their rough spots and I've been really fortunate enough to have friends who have gone down the bumpy path with me.

Tonight I had my first class. Officially I have one more semester left after this. In the next year, I'll move at least twice. It's difficult to know that I have this whole life in one place but in a year my life will be somewhere completely different. Some of it will come with me, some of it will not. It's a lot for my tired mind to process. I'm to the point where I just want to get on with things instead of wondering how it's all going to end up.

I don't know if anything I just said makes sense. I see myself in one place but at the same time I'm somewhere else. I'm trying to figure out how I should deal with that. Things in Brookings are good, just confusing.

My "lame duck" period is underway.

10 mindblowing comments:

dawnmarie said...

I love you T. And you can get through the next year, just think of the rewards at the end!

theresa said...

That's exactly the problem. I want to be me one year from now. It'll be ok. It'll probably even be good.

dawnmarie said...

It will probably rock, that's what.

When are you comiung back to visit me?

Rachel said...

I remember the feeling well, T. Just enjoy your last year, because after you graduate, you're probably going to miss college. I know I still do. *wistful*

Are you coming to Minneapolis on the 3rd? I think you should. I know this great bar on Cedar...

dawnmarie said...

rach makes an excellent point...

theresa said...

I should be able to make it up on the 3rd. Hopefully my boss will let me come in on Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours, then I could leave around 3 Friday afternoon.

Rachel said...

Yay! *dances happily*

dawnmarie said...

yahoo!!!you going to stay for a couple days? or leave right away?

theresa said...

pretty much whatever I want to. My weekend is open.

dawnmarie said...

yay! *excited*