BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

I attempted to head home Saturday. It only took me 7.5 hours to get there. The serpentine belt on my car broke about 10 miles north of Sioux Falls. By the time I figured out where I wanted to be towed to and got towed, it was 5. Dad came to Brookings and got me and took me home. I went to a rockin New Years party with my friends from high school. Today Jess met my dad and I in Luvurne and picked me up and then we went shopping for a bit before coming back. We both have multitudes of laundry to do, so we're going to leave shortly for the laundromat.

Tomorrow I start my new job! I'm excited and a little nervous. I shouldn't be. I know the people I'm working with and everything will be fine. Maybe it's just anticipation. Anyway, here's my new home:


It isn't fully decorated yet, but it's a start.

10 mindblowing comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to life on the cubicle farm!

dawnmarie said...

oh! Can I draw you a picture for your cubicle?

but then I'd have to send it to you, and it's your turn to write me, hoser.

But, i may give in and send you one anyway!

I'm a geek, and had entirely too much fun decorating my cubicle.

Rachel said...

Very nice. Happy decorating!

theresa said...

Dawn, you absolutley can draw me a picture! I've added some photos, a speaker dock for my ipod and a post it cube so far. Oh, and I moved the green garbage can to the other side of my chair next to the white sread bin that you can barely see and there's a phone list on my bulletin board.

dawnmarie said...

thanks for the updates! Your cube looks so much friendlier than mine. MTRR government issue furniture is not pretty. I'm a little jealous of your cube. you've inspired me to clean out my cube tomorrow though.

Perhaps I'll take pictures so you can all see it...

Rachel said...

I rather like my government-issued cube. I wish the walls were taller though.

dawnmarie said...

I swear, I will do your picture tomorrow. I need to mail it and use my muppet stamps before postage goes up.

Kristie said...

Hmm...I wonder if I can find one of my geometric coloring books. That sounds like the perfect thing to do to avoid, well, fixing up my own my cubicle.

Kristie said...

Er, my own *new* cubicle, that is.

I should go to bed.

dawnmarie said...

*sigh* I tried to make yo ua picture today, then it hit me. I have no artistic talent. I'm sorry.