BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 16, 2009

purple people eaters

No, this post has nothing to do with the Vikings. It especially has nothing to do with the Brett Favre's "to become or not to become a Viking" decision.

It just has to do with the color purple. I've been going through a purple phase and I'm not sure why.

Here's what one website had to say about purple:
Purple represents royalty, spirituality, nobility, ceremony, mystery, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning. Purple is considered an exotic color.

Purple dye was made from the mucous gland of a snail. It required thousands of snails to yield 1 gram of dye causing it to be a color only nobles could afford. Today purple is a trendy color targeting creative types.


I don't know if any of that really applies to me but I found it interesting.

Purple things that I've acquired within the past few months:
-six (yes, six) purple shirts
-a water bottle
-a wallet
-flip flops

Does any one else go through "color phases"? If so, what's your color of choice right now?

6 mindblowing comments:

dm said...

I totally do this, it's why I hate the question "what's your favorite color?" lame.

I'm on a green kick.

Sarah said...

my favorite color is always going to be navy blue, but i do totally go through phases as well. i'm a big fan of lavender and green at the moment. not nec. together, but just both of them.

Unknown said...

I'm a red person through and through. I did finally get to the point where I recognized the red thing was out of hand and I've recently tried to move towards blue and green.

thisisbeth said...

You're not alone! I do this, too.

(Today I'm wearing a purple shirt from my purple phase this fall!)

Sherry said...

I'm in a pink phase. My mp3 player is pink - as are my camera and my digital photo viewer keychain. I have a favorite pink t-shirt. Oh, and my favorite little girl wears a lot of pink too.

Zeke said...

don't forget the purple bathroom.