BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Golf is a good walk spoiled.

-Mark Twain

I'm in minor panic mode right now. The office newsletter came out a couple of days ago and announced that we are having an office golf outing next Thursday. Back in my high school days, I golfed a lot. In fact, I was not too bad. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I was good…just decent. Not going to this work event doesn't seem like an option for me. Of course, I don't have to go but if someone else is paying for me to play 18 holes and have some fun, I feel like I should go.

It's been a few years since I've even picked up a golf club. As such, I feel like I need to practice so I won't make a total fool out of myself. I plan to make a trip to the driving range this weekend and maybe play a few holes sometime early next week. Luckily, my clubs are in town but I don't have a clue where any of my other stuff is…shoes, glove, etc. I need to get some golf balls for sure. It sounds like a trip to the local sports store may be in order.

We've been a little spoiled at work lately. Last night we took a 2 hour "happy hour" cruise around Lake Minnetonka. It was a good time. For those of you familiar with The Office, it was somewhat similar to the booze cruise episode. Someone should win an award for the open bar concept!

4 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

The only golf I've ever played has been miniature golf.

Anonymous said...

i'd hate it. i'm awful at golf.

thisisbeth said...

I'm glad you enjoy golf, T, so you can fully appreciate this event. I'd happily skip it.

Adele said...

Damn, I suppose the problem of working for a local authority is they can hardly spend tax money on taking us all out for the day. :(
Have a fab time!