BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 26, 2007

tomorrow, you will wake up.

Thank you for your patience during the no blogging break. Last week I was sick like death. I didn't go to work for three days. I've never taken three days off of anything to be sick. Fever(topping out at 102.7), achy body, hot/cold, headache, sore throat, runny nose, head congestion, coughing...you name it, odds are I had it. I'm happy to report that I'm mostly better. I'd put myself at 93%.

I'll be one of the many to point out how nice it has been the past couple of days, but honestly, what happened to spring. It seems that we've gone straight from winter to summer. Where are my 50-something hoodie, jeans and flip flops days? Trust me, I'm not complaining. Tonight will be a great, open-window, sleeping night. I'm rather excited.

Now for the title of my post. Today we had a client come in who claims she is a psychic. I got to thinking about something. How do you discover you're a psychic?? It's not like it is as simple as learning you're a good singer or a good softball player. You somehow have to figure out that you can tell the future with some sort of accuracy. How do you know that what you're "seeing" isn't some crazy daydream or hallucination? If I ever had a feeling that some random woman that I saw was having twins or you were about to paint your house blue, I would probably think I was going crazy. How does a person go about validating those things without looking insane or like a total ass? The only things I could come up with are the obvious things like, tomorrow you will wake up or you will put on your pants one leg at a time. It's just something I thought was kinda funny and thought provoking.

Baseball starts in a week. We should all look forward to that.

And just for fun, I've added a few pictures from when Jess came to visit for spring break a while back. Rach, Claus, Jess and I took a trip to the Mall of America. Our most entertaining stop was at Kokomo's. These are some of my new favorite photos. And now I want a moJIto.

9 mindblowing comments:

dawnmarie said...

moJIto.

come over on Thursday and you can have a mojito.

Rachel said...

That was a fun night. Maybe sometime next week we can meet for a mojito or two.

theresa said...

What's on Thursday?

Brianinmpls said...

Glad you are feeling better:)

Sarah said...

hey, ya got a little something in your hair in that one pic.

Hageltoast said...

glad you are feeling . Being ill is the worst.

Sarah said...

omg. you're totally a boy in the bottom pic. funny. just dawned on me that you were all topless and shit.

Brianinmpls said...

Where you at T?

theresa said...

I'm still kickin. I'll try to make time to update tomorrow night :)