BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 05, 2005

why must mondays suck?

For the first time in a long time I was fully rested at the beginning of the week. So this morning, I get up, take a shower and at 7:30 I go out to start my car. Little do I know that the latch on my back passenger door had frozen and didn't allow my door to shut after going to Hyvee Saturday night. My battery was D-E-A-D. So in order to get to my 8 am class, I woke up Ace and took her car. And I couldn't find one of my mittens. So I was walking around in -6 degree weather with no mittens. Brr.

So it's 10:50 am and class is over. I drive home and pull Ace's car up to my car. I have to crawl into my trunk through my backseat (the stupid key unlock for the trunk doesn't work and obviously the trunk button won't work because my car has zero power) to get my jumper cables. So I attach the jumper cables, start Ace's car then go to start mine. My car doesn't start. My car still isn't running at 11:25. At this point Ace needs to get to work and so do I. I go into the apartment to change clothes because Ace is going to give me a ride. I come back down and give it one last try. Success! It starts!

Now I have to get the back door to shut. I call my boss and let her know what's going on and that I'm going to be a little late. It gets to be 11:40 and the stupid door still won't shut. As a last resort Ace loops the jumper cables through the handle on the back passenger door and I tie them to the front passenger seat's head rest so the door doesn't fly open as I drive to work.

I make it to work and get clocked in. It's 11:50 at this point. I'm 20 minutes late *grumble*. I go to unlock my drawers and surprise, I don't have my keys. They're on my desk at home. So then I sit for another 10 minutes waiting for my supervisor to go get the spare key from our security officer. I actually didn't mind that so much because it gave me a chance to eat and warm my toes up. I thought they were going to fall off.

So that's my Monday so far. *sigh*

1 mindblowing comments:

dawnmarie said...

T - that sucks. Just remember, one year from now, basically, you will be living here, and life will be grand.