BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Oh Niner

Somehow, we're a week into 2009. There are a lot of things that I need to make decisions on in the beginning half of this year.

Work
There are so many things that could be said. While I'm not miserable at work, I'm not happy either. I like the people I work with (which is huge) but the work is becoming less challenging and I barely make enough to live off of. I have a salary review coming next week(hopefully). I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard not to. Depending on how that goes, I might be able to stay put. There is also the chance that it won't turn out well at all which means either a part time job or a new job altogether would be in the picture.

Apartment
My lease is up at the end of June. I would like to move a little closer to civilization. You know, a legitimate suburb where the nearest non-Lunds/Byerlys grocery store is closer than 10 miles. Refer back to the paragraph on work. The apartment decision will all depend on where I'm working and the cash I have available every month.

Car
It's becoming increasingly clear that this is my car's last winter. The door latches are much more tired than they were last year. Depending on how cold it is, sometimes the driver's door doesn't like to let me in at all. The car also grumbles a little when I start it after sitting for a couple of days. Again, going back to the work paragraph, we'll see what I have available for payments.

So my six month plan is simple:
1. get work stuff figured out
2. figure out everything else

16 days until vacation!

10 mindblowing comments:

dm said...

I'm sad that you don't love your job since you loved it so much when you started it.

Good luck!

And gee, are you excited for your trip? The one and only time I took the train, there was no activity anywhere, except for the smoking car.

thisisbeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thisisbeth said...

Those are some heavy decisions (and very similar to the ones I'm trying to sort through in my head--except my car is still mostly okay. Needs a few larger repairs, but I'm hoping that I can fix one myself--with Dad's help--and the other won't cost an insane amount).

Best wishes that everything happens cleanly and easily!

Anonymous said...

Vacation, huh? Coming to visit me?

theresa said...

Carly, vacation indeed. I'll be in Whitefish, Montana. So truth be told, I'll be about half way to you. :)

Anonymous said...

What a ԁatа οf un-аmbiguity anԁ preservеness of valuable κnow-how
abοut unрredіcted feelingѕ.

Visit mу site ... using a bucket truck
Also see my site > bucket truck blog

Anonymous said...

You could definitely see уοur skills within
thе work you write. The arena hopes
fοr even more passionate writers ѕuch as you who are not afraid to ѕay how they believе.
At all times go afteг your heart.

Feel freе to surf to my web-ѕite; tens 7000

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyоne else encountering problems with the pіctures
on this blog loaԁing? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any resрonses would bе greatlу appreciateԁ.


my web ѕite coppell cab
my site > Irving taxi

Anonymous said...

Stay away from including excessive Search engine optimization content to your internet site that is presently standing effectively and taking in site visitors. You could hurt a properly graded site by adding fabric that you simply haven't really carefully considered by way of. If not done very carefully, the major engines may even sort out your website as spam. If your site is succeeding, just maintain the reputation quo whilst keeping the developments to a minimum. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Biuyu656gy[/url]

Anonymous said...

The truth is, you may not will need to spend a lot of money by using an exterminator each time you locate a insect or two. Use the ideas which can be listed above and you can reclaim your house without the need of every one of the costs. Soon, this info will end up understanding that may be never ever neglected and also useful.The Way To Enhance Your Home Beautifully [url=http://www.xxxw12woo.info]pr334d13[/url]