BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

a happy tuesday to you all

Really, it's already July 29th? How did that happen??

I know I'm not much for updating this thing lately. There are several things I'm trying to sort out and on top of that, I've been doing a lot of running back and forth to Rochester. Luckily things on the Mom front are going well, so I can't complain much.

I got a new addition to my technological family last night. Mediacom called and said my HD DVR box was in. Yay! So I picked it up yesterday afternoon. I watched part of the Twins game after I got it hooked up and then ventured to the "on demand" feature. As it turns out, seasons 1 & 2 of "Mad Men" is an option. I've heard good things so I gave it a try. It's really good. The show is set in the early 1960s and focuses on the world of corporate advertising. I stayed up way too late watching it last night and managed to catch an episode this morning when I realized I didn't have to be into the office until 8:30.

This afternoon I have my mid-year review. That should be interesting.

On a fun note, my sister called last night and we're going to Inver Grove Heights on Saturday for a "meet Mike Redmond" event.

6 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

I just put season 1 of Mad Men on my Netflix Queue. No surprise, there's a long wait for disc 1.

theresa said...

rach, you can come over and watch the "first disk" at my house although there are no discs. I think you know what I mean though...

Sarah said...

i've heard good things about that show!

and yes, how is it august this weekend?

dm said...

Hooray for Dvr! I too, cannot believe it's already August. almost. Have fun meeting Mike Redmond! I'm a tish jealous.

And I too, have heard good things about Mad Men.

Sarah said...

yeah, i've re-considered mad men. i'm boycotting. i forgot january jones is in it. she went to my high school and is kind of a bitch. i try to avoid her stuff on principle.

Zeke said...

I freakin' love "Mad Men." Season two just started: Sundays at 9pm on AMC.