BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 19, 2007

an update

It has been a pretty lazy weekend in my world. Friday night and yesterday I spent just lounging around because I was sick. The rest of it I blame on Dawn. She got me sucked into watching a season of America's Next Top Model on [gasp] MTV. That's right, I've been watching MTV since I woke up this morning. :shame: However, I did watch Johan sit down 17 this afternoon which was pretty stellar.

Since I got back from DC, things have been pretty insane. My grandma has been in the hospital and since been moved to a nursing home. According to the doctors, she only has a couple of months left. They aren't going to give her any more chemo. Now the focus is on making her comfortable.

Last weekend, my dad's sister Marilyn lost her battle with cancer. I made the trip to Sioux City with my mom and dad on Wednesday for the visitation and funeral. While the funeral was pretty tough emotionally, it was great seeing various family members that I haven't seen in a very long time. My aunt from Pennsylvania was home as well as my aunt and uncle from Wyoming. I always hate how a funeral is the only thing that brings the majority of a family together.

Work is a mess too. There is so much change going on with the upcoming merger. It always seems like we're scrambling with different people being gone. Right now I'm covering for someone who is out on maternity leave. Her guys are the top producing team in my office. I'm so afraid that I'm going to forget something or screw something up. I still have some of my responsibilities in the operations area so it can be tricky splitting time up so I don't get too far behind in either spot.

And now thanks to this show, I want to go on an african safari.

2 mindblowing comments:

Rachel said...

:hugs: on the funeral and the sick grandma. Let me know if there's anything you need.

dawnmarie said...

I do not feel bad about ANTM, because I spent Monday and Tuesday in bed sick, all of which I blame on you :P